I've been evaluating Stackify as an APM and exception logging tool for our .NET web/console apps.
I found the exception logging component was lacking features that we become accustom to with our ELMAH exception logger, especially for web apps.
- Request variable (which includes Querystring, Form, Cookies)
- Session, Server, Exception.Data variables
- custom fields (which could be in the Exception.Data, that works)
- full stack trace (expands all embedded exceptions)
For custom fields we have a couple things,
- "ErrorCode" which we use to link front-end issues to an exception that was thrown when a user sees and error and calls our customer support.
- "ErrorType" to identify the error level, just INFO or actually an ERROR
- we also use the Exception.Data collection to store miscellaneous data specific to the error that will help with diagnosing.
I was wondering if this information can be made available in the exception logging portion of Retrace?